Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Backstage & Candids with Jacob MacArthur for FORD Models

This studio shoot was incredibly fun, although I got horrifically sick that morning having trouble breathing, so Sade had let me use her inhaler which made me feel loopy and weird for about an hour. But, after Jacob got hair and make-up done, I was feeling my usual chipper self, even busted out a corny joke or two.


The theme was "Pauper" where the clothes were mostly a bit dowdy but there's a couple things that just POP, mostly accessories. I am so in love with these vintage inspired bowties from EKQ Apparel, wish they would make clip-on versions of the polka dot one so I can wear it! (Polka dots j'taime!) One of my favorite pieces is probably this turquoise necklace from S & G Clothing, it's by one of their local jewelry designers, such a lovely shade of blue. To add to the mix are a few of my own antique brooches from the early 20th century and a vintage Hermes scarf which I'm still debating on keeping or selling in my vintage shop.


These vintage 1950s leather boots from General Quarters are pretty amazing, there is something so sexy and rugged about them, don't you think? Unfortunately the model's feet were too big so he had to squeeze his feet into them, but hey, such is the life of a model!


Every shop I pulled from was so beyond amazing. Just niceness all around, love that! The owner of General Quarters even let us borrow his antique stool which belonged to his grandparents! If that isn't niceness, I don't know what is.

Model: Jacob MacArthur for FORD Models LA
Photographer: Sade Williams
Hair: Gaelle Secretin
Make-Up: Juliet
Stylist: Rodellee

No comments: