Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Where to...where to...where to go?

March was a hectic and wonderful month for my start in styling. I can't believe it's been only 6 months since I really decided to give styling a go! It's been fun, challenging, and plenty of learning!

I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go with styling. Every time I take on a new project I think, "Oh this was so fun, I want to do more of this type of work!"

I have quickly figured out which photographers I'd like to work with based on their portfolio and learning how to edit my own work. THAT is still a process. There are some shoots I don't feel very attached to because I wasn't part of the creative process, which is really something I've found I love doing. I really love being very involved in the concepts, coming up with inspiration for hair, make-up, even locations and the emotion of the photoshoot. I love when photoshoots truly feel like a collaboration especially on TFP shoots. I've found I really don't want to style for free if I'm not in love with the concept and I'm literally just delivering clothes to a shoot. Paid work is paid work of course, but I'm sure most people in this industry will agree... if you're doing it for free, it should be something you will be proud of and will be beneficial to your portfolio.

Speaking of portfolio, mine needs a major update. I need to clean up, take out a few shoots and replace them with newer ones. And there is an entire LIST of shoots I want to do to add to my portfolio. So much to do, so much to do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just try to go to the Leopard leather handbags and enjoy the high quality of it, also love the Platform thick heel shoes because the unique style!